A Washington state woman landed in the emergency room after she posed with a venomous octopus on her face to win a photo competition, according to a report.
Jamie Bisceglia said she thought the risky photo op might win her a prize at a fishing derby Friday in Tacoma Narrows, news station KIRO reported.
But during the photo shoot, she was bitten twice by the sea creature, which contains poisonous venom.
“I’m still in pain,” she said. “I’m on three different antibiotics. This can come and go, the swelling, for months, they say.”
Bisceglia, however, said she learned an important lesson about handling a live octopus.
“This was not a good idea,” Bisceglia told KIRO. “I will never do it again.”